1. Always use a bone-in Ham and then de-bone after cooking (before slicing).
2. Place thermometer in thickest portion of Ham without touching the bone.
3. Completely seal ham in foil. (Grandma and Grandpa Heinkel use around a 25# Ham – sure to feed 25 people.)
4. Put Ham in oven before going to bed.
5. Cook at 170 degrees all night.
6. Heinkel’s Ham is already precooked and smoked during a 12 hour process; you are just warming it up.
7. Bring the Heinkel’s Ham up to 145-150 degrees. The inside part of the Ham will actually keep cooking for 30 minutes outside of the oven.
8. After 30 minutes, de-bone, and put it through the electric slicer.
9. Heinkels prefer 1/8 to 3/16” thick slices.
10. Place on warm plate and cover with foil until it’s time to Dig In!
*Source: Heinkel’s Home Cooked Memories, author Gail Heinkel Yuras